Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bamboo DPN Review

I use them so much, it is rediculous!


I am one of those people that have a lot of projects started an dwhen I had 8 or so sets of needles I would have a project on all of them. I purchased this set of StitchBerry Bamboo DPN's earlier this year and I love them. I thought that I would have all of them full... but they are so easy to use that I finish almost everything I start. Oh... DPN is short for Double Pointed Needle. Just in case you didn't know! :)

I have a few sets of Circular Needles and I knit comfortably with them but I feel like with DPN's I can be more creative and free... I have needles of many different materials and Bamboo is my second favorite next to Metal. I knit very tight (why I love the metal) and the StitchBerry Bamboo needles can stand up to all I put them through. I have knit everything on them from fingerless gloves to beanies and even scarves... Yes scarves. If you are knitting a skinnier scarf these needles are perfect.

I ordered them on Amazon.com from Paramount Goods. They were priced perfectly for my budget and they are well worth the money.
I payed $19.99 plus $4.50 shipping for 15 sets of 5. I was amazed at the price and a little skeptical but I absolutley love them! I recieved them in a wekk or so and they came very clean and organized.

Buy them here - http://tinyurl.com/astykun

I reccomend these for any knitter, beginner or expert. I love them and I don't know what I would do wihout them!
To the left: A Fair Isle baby beanie I made usung the Bamboo DPN's from StitchBerry. Fair Isle patterns can be a little difficult even for experienced knitters. These needles made this project so much easier.
 

 
Thanks for reading,
~Michelladonna

Remember:
* I love to see what you are working on, leave me a picture on my Facebook, Google + or Email. I would love to incorporate some of your work into my blog!
* Businesses, big or small, I would love to write a review of your product or give you a shout out. Just write me. :)
*I always appreciate suggestions for posts. Whether it is just a good idea or you have a question about something, I could always use your help.

Please Visit Me At:
Website: www.michelladonna.wix.com/home
Facebook: www.facebook.com/michelladonnacreates
Google +: +Michelladonna
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/michelladonna/michelladonna/
Email: michelladonna@gmail.com

Pandora Station: Titanium Radio
Track: Titanium by David Guetta
 

1 comment:

  1. i actually own a set of bamboo dpns after much thought [they cost up to twice as much as the cheap boye sets at my local craft store!], but after a few projects on those needles, I was hooked!
    they're wonderfully warm to the touch and grip my projects really well, which i appreciate when shaping hat crowns, and very simple to maintain for smooth manageable tips.
    it was difficult at first to shell the 8-14 dollars for the nice bamboo sets but take it from yet another person--those needles will be around for at least a few months if you take care of them. and i believe the bamboo ones pay for themselves in toughness and ease of use.

    ReplyDelete