Friday, November 16, 2012

Santa Photo Prop Project

Santa Photo Prop Hat Tutorial


Only 38 Days until Christmas!

I have been thinking about whipping up some holiday themed photo props. I know it is almost Thanksgiving but I am always late to the crafting party... which sometimes pays off, literally. I always think about crafting something holiday themed whe all the products used to make it are already on sale! I guess it is good and bad...

So anyways I though about crocheting a couple different baby beanies. A Santa Hat, a Snowman Hat and an Acorn Hat. I found inspiration via Pinterest from etsy.com.

This pattern I found is from Too Cute Crochet and looks so cute! It would be perfect for beginners and finishes quick. If you would like to purchase this pattern please visit their Etsy Store at http://tinyurl.com/c64s6j2 . 

I have already started on this project using Vanna's Choice in Cranberry and Red Heart's Buttercup in White.

The Vanna White Yarn has the most beautiful shine to to and is very soft. It is a great acrylic yarn to work with and was on sale at Michael's for just $1.99 (regularly $3.49). This is the first time I have used Red Heart's Buttercup and it is so soft, it feels like a cloud. It is a poly/nylon blend and is a little dificulf to crochet with. Even with it's dificulties I was able to see the prject coming together and pushed on. I love how my Santa Beanie looks so far and I can't wait to show you guys my finished project.

When it is finished it will be for sale on my Facebook account and on my Etsy account.

Try the pattern for yourself and post some pics up on my page!

Thanks for reading,
~Michelladonna

Remember:
* I love to see what you are working on, leave me a picture on my Facebook, Google + or Email. I would love to incorporate some of your work into my blog!
* Businesses, big or small, I would love to write a review of your product or give you a shout out. Just write me. :)
*I always appreciate suggestions for posts. Whether it is just a good idea or you have a question about something, I could always use your help.

Please Visit Me At:
Website: www.michelladonna.wix.com/home
Facebook: www.facebook.com/michelladonnacreates
Google +: +Michelladonna
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/michelladonna/michelladonna/
Email: michelladonna@gmail.com

Pandora Station: Bob Marley Radio
Track: One Love by Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment