Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas has passed! Here's what I made.

I have a Love Hate relationship with making Christmas Gifts.


Over the years I have spent weeks trying to figure out the perfect Christmas present for my loved ones. I have had some years where I was right on, and then there were some years where I spent too much money on something that they didn't even appreciate. So as of about 4 years ago I have hand made some of the gifts. From that point until now my talent for all things handmade has really grown. I think 4 years ago after the birth of my daughter, strapped for cash, I glued flowers and other various things to the bottom and sides of votives... I made some wreaths too... anything you could put together with a glue gun and supplies from the Dollar Store. Last Year almost everyone received something knitted... and this year was jewelry!

I love my little Sister for teaching me the basics... You have created a monster!

This is a Peyote Stitch with 11/0 Seed Beads formed longways and then 'zipped' in certain areas with a string of Rock Beads through it.

I  modified and idea on Pinterest. There is a link to a tutorial in a different language but I felt like I could pretty much figure it out on my own. But personally I don't know if I ever want to make another one. I do love how it came out.

The one in my pin on Pinterest was assembled then strung with pearls but I could not find any round ones of good quality. You can click on the pin and it will take you to my Pinterest Beading page.

I just love the zipper look and the round rock beads feel really cool.

Try it on your own and let me know how it comes out.
Google Translate does a good job of Translating the tutorial page so go check it out.

Thanks for reading,
~Michelladonna

Remember:
* I love to see what you are working on, leave me a picture on my Facebook, Google + or Email. I would love to incorporate some of your work into my blog!
* Businesses, big or small, I would love to write a review of your product or give you a shout out. Just write me. :)
*I always appreciate suggestions for posts. Whether it is just a good idea or you have a question about something, I could always use your help.

Please Visit Me At:
Website: www.michelladonna.wix.com/home
Facebook: www.facebook.com/michelladonnacreates
Google +: +Michelladonna
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/michelladonna/michelladonna/
Email: michelladonna@gmail.com

Pandora Station: Adele Radio
Track: Valerie by Amy Winehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment